The Best Broccoli Salad Recipe
Being stuck at home the past couple months, Rob and I have had a lot of fun cooking and trying new recipes at home. Not to mention, pregnancy cravings sure have me wanting to try different all kinds of different recipes that catch my eye. For Mother’s Day this year, Rob smoked a brisket per my request. Meanwhile, as I was scrolling through Pinterest to get an idea of what sides I wanted to make with it, I kept seeing fresh vegetable salads for Summer. I love the fresh taste of salads this time of year, so I thought I’d try my hand at making a broccoli salad. I looked at several different recipes that looked good and mixed and matched them together to make my own. The end result was absolutely delicious! I thought I’d share it here on the blog in case you’re looking for a nice and fresh recipe to make this summer.
READ ALSO: How-To Make Colorful Deviled Eggs
READ ALSO: How To Make An Epic Charcuterie Board
Broccoli Salad Recipe
This broccoli salad is seriously the best broccoli salad I’ve had. Rob isn’t a huge eater of veggies (especially when there’s brisket around), and he ate it up! It really has a refreshing taste that is perfect for summer. This would be the perfect side dish to any summer cookout (or meal at home) this year. I hope y’all enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1/3 cup – fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup – light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp – honey
- 1 tbsp – balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp – granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- lemon juice (to taste)
- 4 cups – small diced broccoli florets
- 3 slices of bacon – chopped into small bits
- 4 oz – cubed colby jack cheese
- 1/4 cup – chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, add and whisk to combine all of the dressing ingredients.
- In a salad bowl (or medium mixing bowl), add all of the salad ingredients. Toss together to combine.
- Pour dressing over top of salad and toss to evenly coat all ingredients. I ended up not using all of the dressing, and I put just enough to coat all the ingredients. How much you use is totally your preference.
- Chill in the fridge prior to serving.
Well there you have it, friends! I hope you enjoy this broccoli salad recipe as much as we did. I really think it’d be the perfect side for anything you grill up this summer. If you end up making it, let us know how you liked it in a comment below!