Baby #3: Our First Trimester ‘Bumpdate’
Can you believe that we’ll be in the 2nd trimester already next week? I’m not going to lie – between finding out the gender early (thanks to all the testing and blood work!) and how much I’ve been at the doctor, it feels like the first trimester has been dragging on forever. As you can imagine, after our first two babies going home too soon to heaven, I am just really ready for it to be October so I can finally snuggle and bring my sweet baby home! We officially kick off the second trimester next week, so what better way to celebrate such a milestone than with a little ‘bumpdate’ of the remaining weeks of the first trimester.
READ ALSO: Life Lately | No. 17 – BABY #3?!
We also can’t thank everyone enough for all the love, prayers, and support that we’ve been given since announcing the upcoming arrival of our rainbow baby. We are praising God daily for such a precious and gracious gift, and He truly gets every ounce of praise, honor, and glory through our journey and our story.
Not that I ever doubted that He was with us — but it has been the coolest (and most emotional!) thing ever to watch God show up for us in this pregnancy every step of the way. We have seen His hand at every appointment, at every ultrasound check, in every round of testing, and in every batch of blood work. He has truly walked alongside us through this pregnancy every day and has given me a spirit of comfort, peace, and excitement that I can’t even possibly explain. I can’t wait to see Him continue to move in the rest of my pregnancy. One trimester down, two to go!
- How far along?: 8 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Raspberry
- The Bump: While I feel like my tummy is starting to poke out a little bit, this is very different this time around from when I was pregnant with Layne. I’m not swollen or overly bloated at all! I’m praying that it’s a good sign for what’s to come.
- Symptoms: Hello, nausea.
- Food Cravings: I got my hopes up for a snow cone truck coming through our neighborhood…
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Everything.
- Sleep: Some nights are better than others!
- What I miss: Not feeling like I’m going to constantly throw up
- Maternity Clothes: Nothing yet… still rocking my regular workout clothes every day! Although with this whole COVID-19 situation, I’m wondering how I’m going to buy maternity clothes in the upcoming few weeks.
- Best Moment of the Week: My neighbor brought me some Preggie Pop Drops to help with my constant nausea. How stinkin’ sweet is she?!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: All this hanging around the house has me already looking at all the baby things online. I can’t wait to buy all the things for this sweet baby!
- How far along?: 9 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Cherry
- The Bump: While I feel like I’m starting to show a tiny bit, I don’t feel like I’m nearly as bumpin’ as I was with Layne. It’s crazy how different this pregnancy is. (and I’m praying that it’s a good sign!!)
- Food Cravings: I feel like I am finally getting my first intense cravings. I craved so many unhealthy foods with Layne. But with this baby, all I want to eat are Spicy Southwest Salads from Chick-Fil-A (covered in Chipotle Tabasco!) and huge bowls of fruit drizzled with honey.
- What I miss: What I miss the most is getting my hair done. I was in bad need of getting it done before I got pregnant. I also really want a Chipotle salad / burrito bowl, but the closest Chipotle is like an hour away from us…
- Maternity Clothes: Hello, leggings! But that’s more of a COVID-19 quarantine thing. I haven’t had to bring out any of the maternity clothes just yet!
- Best Moment of the Week: We’ve been spending a lot of time outside this week on the back patio, and I’ve been loving how relaxing it is every evening.
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: I go back to the doctor next week to see our little cherry, do more blood work, and do genetic testing blood work. (So we’ll be finding out the gender super soon! YAY!)
- How far along?: 10 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Strawberry
- The Bump: The bump is kind of there, but I am not looking nearly as pregnant / swollen as I was with Layne at this point. I’m praying that’s the best sign for the health of this sweet baby.
- Symptoms: Nausea is the resident symptom around here.
- Food Cravings: All I want it a Chipotle burrito bowl. Not Moe’s. Only a 48 minute drive to our nearest Chipotle will suffice. We did this one day this week as a date, and we ate it in the parking lot as a ‘picnic’. It was actually super fun – and the perfect change of scenery!
- What I miss: I miss not feeling sick all the time and having energy to get things done!
- Maternity Clothes: I finally ordered some maternity clothes online this week. I can’t wait to enjoy them… at home! HA!
- Best Moment of the Week: We saw our sweet baby this week at my doctor’s appointment. Baby and everything else looked SO good and its heartbeat was right where it needed to be. We did genetic testing and more blood work as well, so we should know the gender soon!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Finding out the gender of sweet baby! We pretty much all have a feeling it’s a boy.
- How far along?: 11 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Lime
- The Bump: I feel like the bump popped out this week! I am loving it!
- Symptoms: Nauseous and tired… the usual.
- Food Cravings: I’m still wanting Chipotle…
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: It pretty much comes and goes when it wants.
- What I miss: Those days in college when I had a Chipotle not too far from my apartment – HA!
- Maternity Clothes: I got my maternity leggings in the mail, and holy crap, batman, they are amazing.
- Best Moment of the Week: We found out the gender early this week! IT’S A BOY!!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: We’re planning to announce the gender this week to the rest of our friends and family!
We chose the name John Robert Nugent for our sweet little baby boy. John in Hebrew means ‘God is gracious’, and we feel like He placed this name on our hearts while we were doing our bible study after our miscarriage in January. From the moment we found out we were pregnant in March, I knew in my heart that it was a boy and that his name was to be John. We chose Robert as a middle name because of Rob (obviously) and that it’s a family name on both sides of our family.
- How far along?: 12 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Plum
- The Bump: Showing off this week!
- Symptoms: My nausea has gotten a tiny bit better overall this week, but I have been more tired this week than ever. I’m feeling super lazy this week.
- Food Cravings: Weirdly enough, I don’t think I’ve really craved much of anything at all this week!
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: All the normal things.
- What I miss: I am really missing the gym, my personal trainer, and my exercise routine! Being so sick and tired, it’s been really hard to be active during my first trimester. As symptoms subside (hopefully!) in the next couple weeks, I hope to get back into my routine — at home at least.
- Maternity Clothes: While my other clothes technically still fit, I’m starting to really enjoy my maternity leggings and shorts.
- Best Moment of the Week: I put together my Babylist registry this week. My heart is overflowing, and I’m beyond excited that it’s my turn to be excited and happy again. God is SO good, y’all.
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: I am looking forward to finally wrapping up the first trimester next week. One third down, two to go! I am so ready for it to be October so I can have my healthy baby boy home with me!
- How far along?: 13 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Lemon
- The Bump: Showing off, but I can tell that I’m not nearly as swollen as I was with Layne. With Layne, I blew up and gained so much weight (even right away). With John, I haven’t gained any weight yet. I’m praising God and praying that it’s a sign for all the good things to come this time around.
- Symptoms: The nausea is starting to come around less and less. It’s probably due to me being weaned off my medicine. I am still really tired though all the time. (Growing a human is a lot of work!)
- Food Cravings: I just really want Chipotle and tacos with a ton of hot sauce… Like Layne, this baby knows what it likes.
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Nothing specific this week yet. It just comes and goes.
- What I miss: Outside. We had to cancel our trip to Yellowstone this week. We were supposed to go for our anniversary at the beginning of June. However, we just don’t feel like it’s smart traveling / going out yet since I am considered a high risk pregnancy. If I’m going to be stuck at home all summer, I’m going to need a blow up pool for my back yard! HA!
- Maternity Clothes: Who else is changing from their nighttime pajamas into daytime pajamas?
- Best Moment of the Week: I swear that I thought I felt tiny flutters / the baby moving, but I’m not even sure if it’s possible this early. I’m so convinced that’s what it is though. I’d place money on it! Either way, I am SO excited for when I can feel John move.
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: I am looking forward to the 2nd Trimester! Whether it be because deep down I want to get past the 26 weeks mark or because I am excited, I have been really itching for this pregnancy to fly by so it can be October and I can hold my sweet boy. 1 Trimester down, 2 to go!
I am also really excited because we have once again moved the furniture out of Layne’s room to turn it back into a nursery. It was such an emotional moment, and it has made me even more excited (if that’s even possible!)
As we head into the second trimester next week, we hope that you’ll continue to join us in prayer over this sweet baby boy. Specifically, we ask that you pray for a healthy baby and a healthy mama, for this pregnancy to pursue without the dangerous health complications I had with Layne, and for this baby to stay put and happy until we are able to bring him home in October. Thank you again for all the love! We appreciate you all more than words can express.
Leave a Reply