You read that right, friends! I am beyond ecstatic typing this to tell you that our gracious God has blessed us with another baby… just shy of Layne’s first birthday!
After my miscarriage a couple months ago, I never thought that I’d be typing this just a couple short months later. To be completely transparent, I did not think I was ready to be pregnant again. I was really struggling in the aftermath of my last miscarriage. I was also struggling with Layne’s birthday coming up. With that being said, we were definitely not planning on it. However, God had different plans for us… and His plans are so much better than our own. Once I saw that little nugget on our first ultrasound — every single worry, fear, or anxiety I had finding out I was pregnant again after 2 babies in heaven immediately went out the window.
No matter how many days I’m blessed with this baby (whether a lifetime or a few), I am praising GOD daily for such a gift. I really believe that this is the baby we’ll get to bring home.
“He who promised is faithful.” – Hebrews 10:23
With the history I have, my pregnancy is considered very high risk — not only for the baby’s health, but my own. At the time of Layne’s birth we never realized in the moment how possibly deadly my situation was last year, and we firmly believe God saved my life by me going to the dentist that day. Based on the extensive testing and medical evaluations I went through last year, my team of high risk doctors believe that there is a 25 to 50% chance that history can repeat itself through this pregnancy.
We know that God is the creator of the heavens and the earth. He is the Great Physician. Anything is possible through Him. So every single day, we are choosing to walk in faith over fear. We are turning any worry we face into worship. We whole heartedly believe that this is the baby that God is going to let us bring home. Meanwhile, we just ask that you would continue to pray for me and this baby — that we would have a healthy pregnancy and that it will stay put and happy as long as possible. I am technically due in November. However, due to my history and the type of emergency c-section I had with Layne, I will be scheduled for another c-section before 37 weeks (in October.)
READ ALSO: Life Lately | No. 07 – Layne Thomas’s Birth Story
- How far along?: 5 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Appleseed
- The Bump: Unlike with Layne, I haven’t felt bloated or been swelling up AT ALL yet. I think I’ve actually lost a pound since I found out. Based on our history, I am hoping this is a really good sign!
- Symptoms: I’ve been nauseous all day every day, and I’ve been feeling like I have to pee all the time. I’ve also been really tired. However, I promise I’m not complaining. I’m welcoming all the symptoms – because I’m just thanking God I get to carry a baby!
- Food Cravings: I’m lucky if I want to eat right now.
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Unfortunately the smell of even decaf coffee is turning me off. It’s a bit of a disappointment!
- Sleep: LIKE A BABY.
- What I miss: Nothing yet!
- Maternity Clothes: Nothing yet!
- Best Moment of the Week: Getting to see the gestational sack on the ultrasound! Everything looked perfect, and all my initial blood work came back great. Every worry, fear, or anxiety I had finding out I was pregnant again after 2 babies in heaven immediately went out the window. I am praising GOD for this gift, and I’m believing this is the baby we’ll get to bring home.
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: We’ll go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound and more blood work and testing! I am so thankful for my team of doctors and nurses. They’ll be watching me like a hawk this time around to make sure baby and I are doing well.
- How far along?: 6 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Sweet Pea
- The Bump: I’m a little bloated due to the hormone pill my doctor has me taking. However, I think I’ve lost another pound even due to morning sickness and a lack of appetite.
- Symptoms: Morning sickness is REAL, friends. Also, all I want to do is nap with my dogs all day.
- Food Cravings: Jimmy John’s sandwiches and pancakes
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: I’m just nauseous all the time…
- Sleep: It’s all I want to do some days!
- What I miss: Walking and running outside! I’ve had to stay inside to keep my allergies in check.
- Maternity Clothes: I found my old maternity jeans from when I was pregnant with Layne, but I haven’t had to break them out yet.
- Best Moment of the Week: I told my mom that I’ve been craving pancakes, so she mailed me pancake mix, strawberry syrup, and chocolate chips.
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: We get to see baby again on Monday! I am so excited to see the baby and hear/see the heart beat on the monitor. We’re SO ready to tell everyone — but we are trying to wait until after Monday!
- How far along?: 7 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Blueberry
- The Bump: Feeling a little more bloated, but I’m thankful that I’m not swelling up like I did with Layne!
- Symptoms: All I can say is that morning sickness is no joke…
- Food Cravings: I’ve been so nauseous that I can’t even think about food right now.
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Everything.
- Sleep: Y’all I even wake up in the middle of the night and I am nauseous…
- What I miss: Being able to be up and going and getting things done. This morning sickness knocks me out for a good portion of each day.
- Maternity Clothes: Quarantine has me sporting pajama pants every day this week.
- Best Moment of the Week: We got to see our little coffee bean on the ultrasound again this week!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Telling everyone the news!! Also, I get to go back in 3 more weeks for another ultrasound. One upside about being super high risk is that I get to see the baby more!
I had a lot more blood work done this week (about 10 tubes of blood drawn) as well as some more extensive testing, so we are continuing to pray for that to all come back normal. These initial tests are my baseline tests so that they can monitor me like a hawk so we can be in-the-know and hopefully be one step ahead of any situation we find ourselves in. In 3 weeks, I’ll have more blood work as well as genetic testing.
We couldn’t be more thankful and hopeful right now as we prepare for this gracious gift that God has given us, and we hope you’ll join us in our excitement and prayer for Baby #3. This sweet baby of ours is already so incredibly loved like its siblings in heaven, and we can’t wait to bring this baby HOME.
Brenda Murray says
Cathy and Rob! I am so excited for both of you! I pray God’s BLESSINGs on you through this wonderful journey! ❤👣
You have this baby girl God has his eyes on you to see, your lips to smile, YOUR mouth to ask for help, YOUR heart to love, YOUR neck for baby to wrap arms around, your arms to hug, hold AND protect with, your hands to touch and feel,YOUR stomach to carry different size and SHAPEs, replinished your motherhood to produce your hips to rotate carrying baby and diaper bags, LEGS to get you to wherever you need to walk with him in the chosen path, YOUR toes to sing this little piggy with baby no. 3,THE soles of your feet to hold all the above grouNDed. Now I think your pretty well set. Relax don’t stress you can still design on line and Rob can Vacum lol. I am real happy for you two. Take care keep us in the loop. Take care best to Mom and all the family God Bless.