The Best Summer Party Recipes
It’s getting hotter outside and the nights are getting longer. You know what that means. Summer is officially here! I am usually more of a fan of fall and winter months – because summer in the South is just plain HOT. However, there’s something about late summer nights with friends and family that has been growing on me bit by bit. Meanwhile, we have loved getting to host a few cookouts already this summer. Between great food and even better conversation, the memories we’ve made are bound to last a lifetime. Frankly, that’s what it’s all about.
When it comes to summer parties and cookouts, I have one go to recipe that never fails to be a crowd pleaser. My go-to summer recipe for things like this is just four ingredients. Four. Not to mention, it includes bacon. It never fails to ‘wow’ my sweet friends, and I get to sit back and smile at how easy it actually was. Not to mention, it probably took me less time to make than running to the store for that package of store-bought potato salad. That four ingredient recipe is summed up in just three heavenly words: Bacon Jalapeno Poppers. (You had me at bacon…)
Super Easy Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 Package of Bacon (1 lb)
- 15 Jalapeños (makes 30 poppers)
- 1-2 Bricks of Neufchatel Cream Cheese
- Tony Chachere Seasoning (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Take the bricks of cream cheese out of the fridge and allow it to warm up. If you’re in a hurry, you can also put it in the microwave on defrost in a microwave safe bowl. Once the cream cheese can be easily mixed (yet still somewhat thick), mix in Tony Chachere seasoning to taste. Tony Chachere season has a lot of salt in it, so a little seasoning will go a long way.
- Cut jalapeños in half (long ways – aka. hotdog style), and scrape out the seeds and veins. Leaving in any seeds and veining will make the poppers a lot spicer.
- Using a butter knife, spread cream cheese on each hollowed out jalapeno. Make sure that you don’t add too much, or it will run out and make a mess when you bake the poppers. I scrape my butter knife along the top to level it out to make sure I have the perfect amount.
- Get your package of bacon, and cut the package down the middle where each strip is cut in half. Take half of the strip of bacon and lay it on top or wrap it around each popper. Press the bacon gently into the cream cheese.
- Place each assembled jalapeno popper on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. (There’s no need to spray the pan.) Try to place them to where the poppers aren’t leaning on their sides too much. This will help avoid your cream cheese running out while baking.
- Bake the jalapeno poppers on 350 F for at least 45 minutes or until the bacon is completely cooked and your jalapenos are slightly soft.
The Best Summer Cookout Recipes
With summer cookout season being in full swing, I wanted to also include a round-up of some amazing recipes from my fellow blogger friends. From sweet and savory to healthy and allergen friendly, this list is going to make planning your next summer party cookout a piece of cake. I promise that your loved ones (and your stomach!) will thank me later. Stay awhile and click around. Meanwhile, each link will lead to the blogger’s recipe.
- Triple Berry Shortcake
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
- My Grandma’s Homemade Strawberry Jam
- Blackberry Cobbler (Individual or Family Style)
- Red, White & Blue Cheese Board
- Summery Lemon Garlic Potatoes
- Southern Style Potato Salad
- Grilled Honey Jalapeno Lime Chicken Breast
- Pickle Potato Salad
- The Ultimate She-Crab Bisque Recipe
- Creamy Avocado Salsa Verde
- Easy Bruschetta Recipe
- Cheese Tortellini Skewers + Homemade Pesto Dipping Sauce
- Pineapple Chorizo Meatball Bites
- Spring Mix Greens Salad with Balsamic Fresh Mozzarella and Pepitas
- Company’s Coming: 3 Vegetarian Recipes for the Grill
- Lemon Herb Quinoa Salad
- Mediterranean Cabbage Salad
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad
- Healthy Sugar Free Raspberry Chia Jam
- Strawberry Mango Salsa
The Allergen Friendly
- Classic American Macaroni Salad (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Allergy-Free)
- Easy Vegan Maine Lobster Rolls (Gluten-Free, Allergy-Free)
- Classic American Coleslaw (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Allergy-Free)
- Classic American Potato Salad (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Allergy-Free)
- Margarita-Infused Watermelon
- Summer Fruit Rose Sangria
- Refreshing Ginger Peach & Mint Iced Tea
- Pineapple Beer Chelada
Well, there you have it, friends – over 30 summer party recipes to make your summer cookout the one all the neighbors keep talking about. So, what summer cookout recipes from this list are you dying to try this season? Do you have a summer recipe gem that you think should be added to the list? Leave a comment below! In the meantime, I’ll be on the back porch planning our next cookout with this list.