First Half & Second Trimester Bumpdate
Hi, friends! Can you believe it? By the time I publish this blog post, we’ll be officially less than halfway through our pregnancy! It seems impossible, but this pregnancy has both flown by and dragged on at the same time. It feels like just yesterday that we found out we were expecting, but it feels like I’ve been pregnant for so long – all at the same time. As I’ve talked to fellow mama friends, they all said they felt the same thing. The only thing I do know is that I already love this little boy so much more than I could have imagined.
There’s so much to do before Layne’s arrival at the end of June, and I’ve been balancing it all along with getting ready for my last spring wedding season for A Hosting Home. But first, we want to celebrate making it to the halfway mark with a first half and second semester (so-far) bumpdate!
- How far along?: 14 Weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Peach
- The Bump: I’m definitely bumpin’ after all the things I ate over the holiday season…
- Symptoms: I got home from our trip and crashed for days. I was so tired! I guess that’s to be expected after traveling across the country for a couple weeks.
- Food Cravings: I am craving all the Mexican food that I left behind in Texas this week!
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Nothing aside from the usual things I’ve been complaining about.
- What I miss: With how tired I’ve been, I’ve missed coffee for sure! I don’t think I’ve had a cup of coffee in a couple months now.
- Maternity Clothes: Wearing all the maternity clothes I got for Christmas, and I’m in LOVE. This is the life, my friends.
- Best Moment of the Week: Ringing in the new year (and a new trimester!)
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: I can’t wait for all the things ahead this year. We get to meet our baby this year!
- How far along?: 15 Weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Navel Orange
- The Bump: The bump is definitely popping out this week! I feel like a real pregnant lady!
- Symptoms: I’ve found that I have a lot more energy now to get things done.
- Food Cravings: I don’t think I’ve been really craving anything specific this week other than the things I can’t have – which is super weird in itself!
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: I was pretty much a vegetarian this week. It was rough, y’all!
- What I miss: I kind of was missing ice cream this week! More specifically, blizzards from Dairy Queen…
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Hearing the baby’s heartbeat next week at our doctor’s appointment!
Side note: I had my first cup of coffee in forever this week, and It was life changing. While I don’t crave it like I did before I got pregnant, I can finally stomach the taste of it again.
- How far along?: 16 Weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Avocado
- The Bump: This week is the first week that I think I’ve noticed my bump getting in the way of things. For example, leaning into the bathroom mirror for a close-up isn’t as easy as it was before!
- Symptoms: My skin has been doing some WEIRD things this week. (Not a fan…)
- Food Cravings: Give me an entire bag of flaming hot Cheetos. I’m willing to admit that I have a problem.
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Meat is still weird for me. Rob made chicken the other day and I was totally turned off to dinner. However, it was fine the next day. (Like I said, it’s weird!) We did try Tofu this week, and I’ve found that I actually love that still. While I can’t have a lot of it because of the soy, fingers crossed that taste doesn’t change so I can make sure to get some good protein in my diet when meat totally disgusts me!
- What I miss: I’m still missing Jimmy Johns sandwiches. Like a crazy person, I made Rob promise to have one brought to me in the hospital after I deliver this baby.
- Maternity Clothes: I am in love with all my maternity jeans, and all my maternity tops. I feel like I can finally show off the bump a little bit!
- Best Moment of the Week: Getting to hear our sweet baby’s heartbeat again at our doctor’s appointment this week was definitely a highlight!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: We decided that we can’t wait any longer to find out baby’s gender, so we scheduled an appointment at an elective ultrasound clinic on Tuesday to find out the baby’s gender! I think I could cry I’m so excited!
- How far along?: 17 Weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Pomegranate
- The Bump: Definitely bumpin’! This week is the first week I’ve noticed that I’m not able to wear some of my pre-pregnancy high-waisted leggings like I was before. While they still fit, they’re definitely getting too tight in the belly.
- Symptoms: I have always struggled with motion sickness, especially in the car, but it has been on a whole other level this week. I have been getting so nauseas every time I get in the car.
- Food Cravings: I’ve been craving all things spice this week – and way more spice than I usually like too! I want the hottest salsa and hot sauce on everything. The heartburn that follows sucks, but somehow is worth it…
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Meat is still an iffy thing. I also can’t stand riding in the car anymore.
- What I miss: This may be weird to say, but I totally miss sleeping on my back! I have such a hard time making myself sleep on my side.
- Maternity Clothes: I am starting to need some maternity workout clothes!
- Best Moment of the Week: We couldn’t wait any longer, and we decided to go to an elective ultrasound clinic to find out the gender this week! Baby Nugent is a BOY!!!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: We had my best friend Linda from Linda Threadgill Photography capture our gender reveal photos for us, so we can’t wait to announce Baby Nugent’s gender to the world. We also can’t wait to start shopping!
READ ALSO: Life Lately | No. 05 – Baby Nugent is a….
- How far along?: 18 Weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Artichoke
- The Bump: Layne is officially moving and grooving in there!
- Symptoms: I get car sick so much easier than I use to. It’s definitely an adventure killer. I’m also convinced that my skin issues are never going to clear up…
- Food Cravings: I’ve been looking forward to eating Chipotle in Charlotte all week! I can’t get enough!
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Not really anything other than what I’ve already been complaining about
- What I miss: I’m still having a tough time transitioning to sleeping only on my side. I miss sleeping on my back!
- Maternity Clothes: Errythang maternity, please!
- Best Moment of the Week: We ended 18 weeks on Saturday by shopping for our stroller travel system, car seat, and bassinet! We ended up going with the UppaBaby Cruz stroller and UppaBaby Mesa carseat! It’s so lightweight, sleek, and stylish. I can’t WAIT to use it when little Layne makes his debut!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: We are still deciding on our nursery furniture, but I hope to have that nailed down by week 20!
- How far along?: 19 Weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Mango
- The Bump: I don’t think I noticed just how much I was showing until I saw this week’s bumpdate photo I took. I was definitely feeling a little ‘fluffy’ and down about it at first, but it’s so cute!
- Symptoms: My skin is starting to slowly clear up, so fingers crossed. Other than that, I’ve been too busy this week to really notice anything – HA!
- Food Cravings: We went to Charlotte this past weekend, so naturally I am craving all things Chipotle now that I am home where there isn’t one within an hour of us. Moe’s just isn’t the same!
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: We went to a marriage conference at the end of Week 19, and they served a steak dinner. It was really good tasting steak, but I had the worst time trying to eat it while looking at it!
- What I miss: I don’t think I have enough words to express just how badly I craved a Jimmy Johns sandwich this week. WHY is this my biggest craving (that I can’t give into!)
- Maternity Clothes: The number of pre-pregnancy leggings and yoga pants that fit me are dwindling fast. Technically they still fit, but the band cuts into my belly if they’re high waisted. I also am needing to invest in new bras… Rob’s not mad about that part – HA!
- Best Moment of the Week: Week 19 was crazy busy with client meetings and gearing up for my last spring wedding season, but the sweetest moments were definitely feeling little Layne moving and grooving. It was one of those things that always made me stop in my tracks and appreciate the little moments in the midst of the chaos.
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: We have our 20 week ultrasound and anatomy scan next week!
- How far along?: 20 Weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Banana
- The Bump: Getting big and proud and out for display!
- Symptoms: I definitely feel like I have to pee all the time, and it’s quite annoying.
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: I. hate. carsickness. Surprisingly enough, when I think about it, I don’t think too much really made me queasy or sick this week. YAY!
- What I miss: Jimmy Johns, I miss you. I think not being able to have it makes me want it even more! I also am definitely missing Sushi this week – until I smell the fish, then that’s over.
- Maternity Clothes: I’ve finally broken down. I need to go shopping for more maternity clothes…
- Best Moment of the Week: We got to celebrate Valentine’s Day with our 20 week ultrasound and anatomy scan! While Layne was breech and butt first, the doctor said his anatomy scan looked great.
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: It’s hard to believe it. We’re officially halfway through our pregnancy! We are looking forward to the second half and little Layne’s arrival this summer.
As we move into the second half of our pregnancy, I hope you’ll continue to join Rob and I in prayer for Layne to be happy, healthy, and stay cooking as long as he needs to be. There are not enough words to express how much we are grateful for everyone walking alongside this journey with us. God gets all the praise, honor, and glory for this little man of ours.
As I finish designing the nursery and adding items to our registry, do you have any advice or must-haves that I need to know about? As first time parents, we love the suggestions. Let us know in a comment below!