Life Lately | No. 04 – Our First Trimester ‘Bumpdate’
We can’t thank everyone enough for all the love and support that we’ve been given since announcing the upcoming arrival of #babynugent. The first trimester has flown by faster than we could have imagined, and it’s hard to believe that we are already one-third of the way through our pregnancy. We officially kick off the second trimester next week, so what better way to celebrate such a milestone than with a little ‘bumpdate’ of the remaining weeks of the first trimester.
READ ALSO: Life Lately | No. 03 – WE’RE HAVING A BABY!!
- How far along?: 9 weeks // It turns out with our sonogram that I wasn’t as far along as they originally thought. So, we celebrated 9 weeks on November 25th!
- Baby is the size of a: Cherry
- The Bump: Feelin’ like a puffy marshmallow.
- Symptoms: The tiredness is REAL. I am so thankful that I at least feel better now that I’m on medication.
- Food Cravings: Chipotle. All day. Every Day.
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: I can’t stand the look of raw meat. I also have had an aversion to a lot of meat in general in my food. I just can’t think about it when I eat!
- What I miss: I miss all the Chipotle that I was able to have last week while we were visiting my parents for Thanksgiving. We don’t have a Chipotle within an hour of us!
- Maternity Clothes: Hello, leggings.
- Best Moment of the Week: Seeing our baby on our first sonogram! It’s a little lima bean!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: I’ve been thinking a lot of how the holidays are going to look next year, and I’ve been so excited. I can’t wait to have our baby with us for it all next year!
- How far along?: 10 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Strawberry
- The Bump: The bloating has gone down a tiny bit, and I feel like I have a little bit of a bump!
- Symptoms: SO. TIRED. All the time! I’ve also cried a lot for the smallest things. I am so emotional!
- Food Cravings: I don’t know why, but I’ve been thinking about Chinese food a lot lately. I can’t remember the last time we even had that! I was even trying to convince Rob we should have Chinese food next year for Thanksgiving… what?! HA!
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: I still can’t do the sight of raw meat.
- What I miss: I miss coffee and all the seasonal coffee drinks! I haven’t had coffee in about a month and a half which is surprising. I just don’t have the taste for it right now!
- Maternity Clothes: I bought two maternity maxi dresses for the conference next week in Orlando. As the director of planning, a sponsor, AND a speaker, I knew I wanted to be as comfortable as possible. Pants definitely didn’t make the cut.
- How far along?: 11 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Lime
- The Bump: The bump definitely decided to make an appearance this week! I felt so cute in my Pink Blush Maternity dress with my tiny baby bump!
- Symptoms: Thankfully, I wasn’t very sick this week. However, I don’t think I’ve been this tired ever.
- Food Cravings: Chinese Food and Cheetos, basically.
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: I am having a really hard time with meat still. I can’t stand the sight of raw meat and I get super queasy prepping it to cook. To eat it I really have to not think about it at all.
- What I miss: I miss sandwiches from Jimmy Johns. They have, by far, been my strongest craving so far… and I can’t indulge in them!
- Maternity Clothes: I got two maternity dresses from Pink Blush for The Bridal Society’s conference this week, and I am in LOVE.
- Best Moment of the Week: Can I pick the whole darn week as my best moment? From The Bridal Society’s conference to Disney World, it was one of the best weeks ever!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Hearing the baby’s heartbeat through the bump next week at our 12 week doctor appointment!
- How far along?: 12 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Plum
- The Bump: The bump is making more of an appearance, and I’m actually loving it!
- Symptoms: I’ve been SO tired, so I’ve given myself permission to catch up on alllll the sleep from past few weeks.
- Food Cravings: Still craving Chinese Food!
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Pretty much the same things that have been making me sick the past few weeks…
- What I miss: I’ve missed my workout and exercise routine. Since I’ve been feeling better the past couple weeks, I started going back to the gym this week and easing myself back into it. I’ve missed it so much!
- Maternity Clothes: Although they still all fit, my jeans have been getting uncomfortable. I’ve been dreaming of shopping for maternity clothes for Christmas.
- Best Moment of the Week: We went to the doctor for my 12 week appointment, and we were able to hear the baby’s heartbeat through the bump with the doppler!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Christmas! We are so excited to spend our last Christmas as a family of two before the baby’s arrival this summer (because that means next year the baby will be here!) We’ve been looking forward to all the traditions that we will be starting next year with the holidays.
- How far along?: 13 weeks
- Baby is the size of a: Lemon
- The Bump: The bump is definitely poking out even more this week! I feel like I finally look pregnant and not just chunky – HA!
- Symptoms: I’ve had a little bit of nausea (mainly when I skip my medicine). I’m also not as tired as last week, but I definitely get waves of sleepiness a lot still.
- Food Cravings: Hello, Mexican food! We spent the majority of this week visiting Rob’s family for Christmas in Houston, Texas. I’ve been eating as much Mexican food as I can – especially breakfast burritos from the local hole-in-the-wall places.
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: I can’t stand the smell of seafood, and I had a hard time eating grilled chicken that Rob and his brother made for Christmas lunch. I have no idea what is up with that, but I’ve heard it’s totally normal?!
- What I miss: I am already missing all the Mexican food that I will not be getting now that we are back in the Southeast. It is not nearly the same.
- Maternity Clothes: I got my first round of maternity jeans towards the end of this week, and I am in LOVE. I have no idea why I didn’t think about buying these sooner. They are definitely the most comfortable things ever. I loved all the ‘bump clothes’ that I got for Christmas. I can’t wait to wear them!
- Best Moment of the Week: There were so many great moments this week from going back to Texas, visiting A&M and showing the baby its future stomping grounds, and ending the week prepping to ring in the New Year in North Carolina. But, the funniest moment this week was definitely trying on maternity jeans for the first time. I couldn’t help but giggle as I tried them on because they sure did make the bump pop! I felt like an official pregnant lady!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: I am so excited to officially starting the second trimester next week. It’s hard to believe that we are already one-third of the way there! It’s flying by so fast!
As we sit this weekend and reflect on 2018 and look forward to the new year, we couldn’t be more excited for this new chapter in our lives. We hope you’ll continue to join us in our excitement and prayer for this little bundle of joy. This sweet baby of ours is already so incredibly loved, and we continue to celebrate every day this perfect gift that God has given us.
We’re taking bets now – what do you think Baby Nugent is? Are you Team Boy or Team Girl?! Leave a comment on this post below. Also, send us all your must-have registry recommendations!