It’s fall, y’all. You know what that means.
Nothing – it means absolutely nothing in the South. Well, except sweating in our sweaters while sporting our favorite sandals as we try to keep pumpkins and mums alive on the front porch in 80 to 90 degree heat. Who are we kidding? But, regardless of all that, fall is still my favorite part of the year. From college football to the approaching holidays, there’s just something about this time of year that brings people together around the table (or your living room coffee table!) to make the sweetest memories. Outfits and homes get cozier, the food takes on more of a comfort nature, and conversations over candlelight get longer. Chances are, you’re more likely to host people in your home this time of year.
I know I am. Whether I am hosting people in my home or gathering with my small group at church for bible study, I have a huge love for homemade goodies. There’s just something about arriving to a gathering with homemade goodies that makes you feel so loved. Like, this person actually took the time to make something for us all to enjoy. However, I know what you’re thinking. “Cathy, our lives are only getting busier. We don’t have the time to be in the kitchen trying to make something to ‘wow’ our friends. Can’t we just take the cookies out of the store package and put them on a plate?”
Actually, you could do the latter…
But, between you and me, they don’t always have to know how easy it was.
I’m all about living simply and loving generously. My go-to fall recipe for things like this is just two ingredients. Two. It never fails to ‘wow’ my sweet friends, and I get to sit back and smile at how easy it actually was. Not to mention, it probably took me less time to make than running to the store for that package of cookies. That two ingredient recipe is summed up in just three words: Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
I’ve made these muffins for church friends, vendor friends, and probably every single member of my family. They’re even husband approved! I definitely suggest that you try this recipe at least once, even if you’re not a pumpkin spice fan. I’m definitely not. (Confession: I’m not a fan of the PSL!) But, I have an extreme love for these muffins. They’ve proven to be perfect when paired with coffee and conversation.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 Box – Spice Cake Mix (I use Betty Crocker!)
- 1 Can (15 oz.) – Pumpkin Puree (I use Libby’s!)
*I’ve seen people add dark chocolate chips or nuts too!
Like I said, all you need is a box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree. Like a man, ignore all the instructions on the cake mix box. Just combine the two ingredients together. The batter is pretty thick when you’re trying to separate it into the muffin pan, but the end result is something heavenly. Bake at 400 F for about 18 minutes. Powdered sugar dusting is optional.
Grab your tea towel and a cute platter. You’re set to impress!
Fall Pumpkin Recipes For Your Inner Fall Hostess
With #pumpkinspiceseason being officially in full-swing, I wanted to also include a round-up of some amazing pumpkin recipes from my fellow blogger friends. So if you’re feeling inspired after you make my pumpkin spice muffins from above, pick one of these delicious dishes below to create the perfect pair. I promise your loved ones (and your stomach!) will thank you later.
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake (GF, Vegan, Allergy-Free)
- Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Doughnuts (GF, Vegan, Paleo)
- Gluten-Free Maple Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal (GF, Vegan, Allergy-Free)
- Creamy and Delicious Pumpkin Spice Flan (GF)
- Apple-Filled Pumpkin Crepes with Coconut Whipped Cream (GF)
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes (GF)
- Pumpkin Crumb Muffins
- Pumpkin Stuffed Crepes
- A Fall Classic: Pumpkin Bread
- Pull Apart Pumpkin Bread – this one went viral!
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bundt Cake
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Einkorn Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Macarons
- Healthier Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- The Best Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Danish
- Super Moist Pumpkin Walnut Bread
- The Easiest (Two Ingredient) Pumpkin Bread
- Maple Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread
- Low Carb, Sugar Free Pumpkin Scones
- The Best Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Cake Squares
- Pumpkin Spice Biscotti
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake
- No Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- Easy Pumpkin Ice Cream
- No Bake Pumpkin Crumble Bars
- Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- Pumpkin Spiced Cinnamon Rolls
- Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Caramel Popcorn
- Pumpkin Caramel Whoopie Pies
- Butterscotch Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Chai Latte
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Smoothie
- Adult Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Green Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
- Pumpkin and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- Pumpkin Parmesan Pizza with Brown Butter Caramelized Onions and Kale
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili (Paleo, Whole30)
- Creamy Pumpkin & Sausage Penne
- Cheddar Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Tortellini & Chicken Pumpkin Alfredo Bake
- Roasted Pumpkin and Beet Salad with Arugula and Feta
- Sweet and Salty Honey Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- (Option #2) Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Spiced Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip with Toasted Pecans
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- The Best Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting for Fall
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Bowl
There you have it, friends – over 60 Fall-filled pumpkin recipes to make your inner Fall hostess dreams come true. What pumpkin recipes from this list are you dying to try this season? Do you have a pumpkin recipe gem that you think should be added to the list? Leave a comment below!